↑ Return to Old Hickory Information

Print this Page

Relocation Information

If you are planning to relocate to the Old Hickory Area, here is a partial list of sources of information on utilities, licenses, schools, etc.

The electric company requires a $50 deposit which may be waived with a letter of credit from a previous utility company. For further information contact Nashville Electric Service at 736-6900.

The gas company requires a $50 deposit and may be waived with a letter of credit from a previous utility company. For further information contact Piedmont Natural Gas Company at 800-752-7504.

Water services differ from neighborhood to neighborhood throughout the Old Hickory area

  • Other Areas
    Some areas of the community get their water through Cumberland Utilities, 6020 Panama Drive in Hermitage, 883-8505 while others contract directly with Metro Department of Water and Sewage Services 862-4600. Your realtor will likely have information on what company services your residence.

BellSouth deposits vary. For service call 557-6500 or if you are calling from out of state call 800-753-0223.

Cable Television/ISP (Cable Modem)/VOIP Telephone
Comcast Cablevision 244-5900.

Trash Collection
The Metropolitan Department of Public Works provides collection in the Urban Services District, 862-8750. Private companies handle collection in the General Services District. Old Hickory is in the General Services District. Trash collection is provided by the Old Hickory Utility District  to Old Hickory Village and Waterford residents.

Driver’s License
A Tennessee driver’s license is issued by the Department of Safety and must be obtained within 30 days of establishing residency. You must have Tennessee tags before applying. Written, vision and road test, a photo, and a fee (approx. $12.50 to $26.50) are required. A valid out-of-state license will exempt the road test. Free handbooks are available at the examining stations—1603 Murfreesboro Pk. and 6604 Centennial Blvd. For information call: 741-2541 or 741-4560.

Vehicle Registration
Vehicles must pass the Nashville Vehicle Inspection Test before Tennessee license tags are issued. Exemption applies to 1974 or older model vehicles, motorcycles, and vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating greater than 10,500 lbs. Testing is currently $10.00. The local center, 3363 Stoners Bend Drive in Hermitage is open Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. For additional information call 361-6300.

License tags are purchased from the County Court Clerk’s office in the Hermitage Police Station at 3701 James Kay Lane, Hermitage, with proof of ownership. Hours Monday-Friday 9-5. 862-6050

The Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools serves about 70,000 students throughout Davidson County, including the Old Hickory Area. For additional information call 259-8520.

Forms are available at any public library or post office. The Election Commission is located at 800 2nd Ave S, 1st Floor, Nashville, TN 37210. For additional information call 862-8800.

For information on approved day care centers, contact the Tennessee Department of Human Services Day Care Licensing & Referral400 Deadrick, Nashville, TN 37248, 741-0290.


The Old Hickory Community Center’s phone number is 847-9122.

Who To Call For Help And Information

Permanent link to this article: http://oldhickorychamber.com/old-hickory-information/relocation-information/

Leave a Reply



%d bloggers like this: